Week Ten: Isekai

When thinking about Isekai, the first show that comes to mind is Sword Art Online. The whole "thrown into another universe" troupe is extremely prevalent in the plot, despite the show itself not being very good. For this week I watched The Boy and the Beast, one of my favorite movies. I love the relationship Kyuta has with Kumatetsu. Their not so father/son, more so mentor/apprentice relationship is done in a hilarious way. Both having a bit of a temper makes them butt heads quite a bit. I love the thought of a human being thrown into a world full of anthropomorphic animals, and that's exactly what the movie does. I wouldn't say Isekai is my favorite of the genres we've looked at, but I did enjoy the content quite a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Thirteen: Manga, Anime and Japanese Cultural Values