Week Twelve: Contemporary Manga

Yay more Arakawa! This week I read Silver Spoon! I have already watched the anime, but I love Arakawa's work so I figured i'd give the manga a shot as well. My FAVORITE part of Silver spoon is how they show the relationships farmers can have with the animals before their "time". As a vegetarian, the food industry is very tragic to me. Mass production of meat breaks my heart, and it makes watching any media that involves it hard for me. Silver Spoon does an amazing job of showing how humane farming is, and how even though their line of work is hard, it's important and essential. This piece is very important to Arakawa because of her upbringing, so I greatly enjoyed getting to see a bit more into her world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Ten: Isekai

Week Thirteen: Manga, Anime and Japanese Cultural Values